Truth Hide & Seek
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Truth Hide & Seek

Find The Hidden Truth

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» UFO sightings on the rise in South Africa
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:28 pm by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» Strange “Troll” Creature Photographed in Rural Pennsylvania
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 pm by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» Stone-Age Skeletons Unearthed In Sahara Desert
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:26 pm by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» I will write two unique KEYWORD optimized Articles For your Blog for $5
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:45 am by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» I will write a 400 word SEO Article on Time Delivery or its Free for $5
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:44 am by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» Black Triangular Craft and Highways
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:34 am by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» Pentagon’s Mad Scientists Want to Launch Killer Drones From Small Warships
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 9:23 am by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

» Gun Owner Is Arrested After Having His Home Illegally Searched
Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:17 pm by I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ

Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science

Go down 
AuthorMessage
I⊥∀NIW∩LLIʞ
Admin

Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science Empty
PostSubject: Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science   Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 12:27 pm

Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science Specimen-front-130205

In the second century, an ethnically Greek Roman named Galen became doctor to the gladiators. His glimpses into the human body via these warriors' wounds, combined with much more systematic dissections of animals, became the basis of Islamic and European medicine for centuries.

Galen's texts wouldn't be challenged for anatomical supremacy until the Renaissance, when human dissections — often in public — surged in popularity. But doctors in medieval Europe weren't as idle as it may seem, as a new analysis of the oldest-known preserved human dissection in Europe reveals.

The gruesome specimen, now in a private collection, consists of a human head and shoulders with the top of the skull and brain removed. Rodent nibbles and insect larvae trails mar the face. The arteries are filled with a red "metal wax" compound that helped preserve the body.

The preparation of the specimen was surprisingly advanced. Radiocarbon dating puts the age of the body between A.D. 1200 and A.D.1280, an era once considered part of Europe's anti-scientific "Dark Ages." In fact, said study researcher Philippe Charlier, a physician and forensic scientist at University Hospital R. Poincare in France, the new specimen suggests surprising anatomical expertise during this time period.

"It's state-of-the-art," Charlier told LiveScience. "I suppose that the preparator did not do this just one time, but several times, to be so good at this."

Source
Back to top Go down
http://thecuckoosnest.forumotion.com/

Grotesque Mummy Head Reveals Advanced Medieval Science
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Truth Hide & Seek :: General Discussion :: Conspiracy & Alternative News-
Jump to: